Any cubed steak cuts works well. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs – Ala-Bob Farm Beef Chuck Roast/Cube Steak/Stew Meat (cubed in 1 inch to 2 inch cubes) – fat trimmed
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water or red wine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium carrots, cut in 1 inch diagonal slices
- 6 white boiling onions, or yellow onions quartered
- 4 medium potatoes cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup 1 inch celery chunks
- 12 whole large fresh mushrooms
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning mix or 1 teaspoon each leaf oregano, thyme and rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 grinds fresh pepper
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
Mix together, soup, wine, and flour until smooth. Add bouillon cubes (no dissolving necessary), Italian seasoning and bay leaf.
Pepper beef to desired amount.
Put all meat and vegetables in large roasting pan. I used my dutch oven pan.
Pour soup mixture over the top and mix well.
Bake covered at 275 degrees for 4 to 5 hours.
When ready to serve adjust seasoning, if desired. Serve over noodles or with crunchy French bread ( to soak up the gravy). Coleslaw is a nice winter accompaniment or serve fresh tomatoes on a bed of lettuce in summer.